Is there a P0076 code stored on the scanner when diagnosing your Kia? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s intake and exhaust valve solenoid. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for diagnosing a vehicle using a scanner and repairing fault code (P0067) intake and exhaust valve solenoid on a Kia Forte 2018-2022.
What you will need
- Kia Forte Intake Valve Solenoid
- Kia Forte Exhaust Valve Solenoid
- OBD-II Scanner
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Connect the OBD-II scanner to the OBD-II port below the dashboard.
- Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the accessories position.
- Go to the diagnostic menu and select read codes on the scanner.
- Check the codes; the scanner will show P0076 Fault Code – Intake Valve Control Circuit Low.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the vehicle’s front. Then press the tab on the hood latch to the left and pull the hood up. Set the hood strut to hold the hood.
- Locate the intake valve solenoid on the left side of the engine just above the alternator.
- Disconnect the connector of the intake valve solenoid by pulling the connector’s clip up and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt on the intake valve solenoid by turning the bolt counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Remove the engine cover by pulling it up. This procedure helps to have wider access to the intake valve solenoid.
- Pull the intake valve solenoid out of the vehicle.
- Insert the new intake valve solenoid with its proper orientation and press it to set it into position.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt and the connector of the intake valve solenoid.
- Locate the exhaust valve solenoid on the back of the left side engine.
- Disconnect the electrical connector by pulling the connector’s clip up and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt on the exhaust valve solenoid by turning the bolt counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Pull the exhaust valve solenoid out of the engine.
- Insert and push the new exhaust valve solenoid to its proper orientation. Note orientation before removal.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt and reconnect the electrical connector of the exhaust valve solenoid.
- Reinstall the engine cover by lining it up back to the engine and pressing it down to set it into place.
- Turn the ignition on, then erase the code using the OBD-II scanner.
- Press the enter button on the scanner to erase the stored codes on the vehicle.
- Start the vehicle a few times and check if the check engine light is still on.
Check Engine Light On
If the Check Engine Light is on after replacing the intake and exhaust valve solenoid, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to reset the Check Engine Light. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
We hope you find the Kia P0076 Code – Intake and Exhaust Valve Solenoid Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.