Can’t close your Kia Forte trunk due to a faulty trunk latch? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the trunk latch of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step on how to replace the trunk latch on a Kia Forte 2018-2022.
What you will need
- Kia Forte Trunk Latch
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Philips Screwdriver
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Open the trunk by pulling the trunk release on the left side of the driver’s footwell.
- Remove the eight push clips on the door trunk shield. Use a flat screwdriver to pull the push clips out.
- Pop out the handle on the trunk shield by pulling it using a pick tool.
- Remove the two screws inside the handle by turning them counterclockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Pull the trunk shield out of the vehicle.
- Detach the trunk latch’s cable from the tab by pulling it out.
- Pull the cable out from the trunk latch.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the trunk latch by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- To remove the trunk latch, remove the two 10mm bolts holding the trunk latch by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Line up the new trunk latch into the vehicle and reinstall the two 10mm bolts by turning them clockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Reconnect the electrical connector for the trunk latch.
- Line up the cable into the trunk latch and press it into the tab to set it into place.
- Reinstall the door trunk shield. Line up the trunk shield back to the vehicle and reinstall the screws inside the handle.
We hope you find the 2018➕ Kia Forte Trunk Latch Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.