Can’t close your Kia Forte trunk due to a faulty trunk latch? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the trunk latch of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step on how to replace the trunk latch on a Kia Forte 2018-2022.
What you will need
- Kia Forte Trunk Latch
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Philips Screwdriver
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Open the trunk by pulling the trunk release on the left side of the driver’s footwell.
- Remove the eight push clips on the door trunk shield. Use a flat screwdriver to pull the push clips out.
- Pop out the handle on the trunk shield by pulling it using a pick tool.
- Remove the two screws inside the handle by turning them counterclockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Pull the trunk shield out of the vehicle.
- Detach the trunk latch’s cable from the tab by pulling it out.
- Pull the cable out from the trunk latch.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the trunk latch by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- To remove the trunk latch, remove the two 10mm bolts holding the trunk latch by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Line up the new trunk latch into the vehicle and reinstall the two 10mm bolts by turning them clockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Reconnect the electrical connector for the trunk latch.
- Line up the cable into the trunk latch and press it into the tab to set it into place.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
- Reinstall the door trunk shield. Line up the trunk shield back to the vehicle and reinstall the screws inside the handle.
We hope you find the 2018➕ Kia Forte Trunk Latch Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.