2018+ Kia Forte Brake Light (Center) Trunk Replacement
Is the center high mount stop lamp of your Kia Forte not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the center lamp light of your vehicle.
This guide will teach you how to replace Center High Mount Stop Lamp, CHMSL for short, on Kia Forte. It may also be called a center brake lamp, high-level or eye-level brake lamp, cyclops brake light, third brake light, or safety brake lamp.
What you will need
- Kia Forte Center Brake Lamp
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Philips Screwdriver
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Open the trunk by pulling the trunk release on the left side of the driver’s footwell.
- Remove the eight push clips on the trunk shield by pulling them using a flat screwdriver.
- Pop out the handle on the trunk shield by pulling it using a pick tool.
- Remove the two screws inside the handle by turning them counterclockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Pull the trunk shield out from the vehicle.
- Remove the nine 10mm bolts holding the inner tail light and center brake lamp by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm socket to remove the bolts.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors of the inner tail light and center brake lamp. Press on the clip and pull the connector out to disconnect.
- Press and pull out the rubber grommets on the inner tail light and center brake lamp cables.
- Remove the driver’s and passenger’s side inner tail light assembly from the vehicle.
- Press on the clip and push it to pop out the center brake lamp.
- Pull the center brake lamp out of the vehicle.
- Feed the cable of the new center brake lamp into the trunk.
- Line up the new center brake lamp to the vehicle and press it in to set it into place.
- Reinstall the inner tail lights back on the vehicle.
- Reinstall the nine 10mm bolts holding the inner tail light and the center brake lamp.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors of the inner tail light and the center brake lamp.
- Line up the trunk shield back to the vehicle. Then reinstall the screws and push clips to set them into place.
We hope you find the 2018+ Kia Forte Brake Light (Center) Trunk Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.