If your Kia backup (reverse) camera is not working, the fuse may have blown, the cables to the camera may be damaged, or the camera itself may be damaged. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the rear backup camera on a Kia Forte 2018-2022.
What you will need
- Kia Forte Backup Camera
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Pick Tool
- Philips Screwdriver
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Open the trunk by pulling the trunk release on the left side of the driver’s footwell.
- Remove the eight push clips on the trunk shield by pulling them using a flat screwdriver.
- Pop out the handle on the trunk shield by pulling the handle using a pick tool.
- Remove the two screws inside the handle by turning them counterclockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Pull the trunk shield out of the vehicle.
- Remove the nine 10mm bolts holding the inner tail lights and the center lamp. Turn the bolts counterclockwise using a 10mm socket to remove them.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors of the inner tail light and the center lamp by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Press and pull out the rubber grommets on the cables of the inner tail light and the center lamp.
- Pull the passenger’s and driver’s side inner tail lights out of the vehicle.
- Squeeze on the clip and push it to pop the center lamp out.
- Pull the center brake lamp out of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the backup camera by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the two screws on the backup camera by turning them counterclockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Pull the backup camera out from the center brake lamp.
- Line up the new backup camera into the center brake lamp and install the two screws holding it.
- Place the cable back on and connect the electrical connector of the backup camera.
- Line up the center brake lamp into the vehicle and press it to set it in.
- Reinstall the inner tail lights back to the vehicle.
- Reinstall the nine 10mm bolts to the center lamp and inner tail light.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors of the center lamp and inner tail light.
- Line up the trunk shield back to the vehicle. Then reinstall the trunk shield’s push clips and screws.
We hope you find the 2018+ Kia Forte Backup Camera Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.