P0107 on Kia and Hyundai vehicles means Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input. This generic OBD-II diagnostic trouble code points to a faulty manifold pressure sensor.
This guide teaches how to fix P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure fault codes on Kia and Hyundai vehicles. This tutorial shows how to replace Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor on a 2019 Kia Forte. This guide may apply to other makes and models.
- The engine light stays ON
- Service Engine Soon Warning Light
- Engine rough idle
- Engine hesitation on acceleration
- Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor
- Manifold Absolute Pressure harness is open or shorted to ground
- The Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor circuit has a poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM, ECU)
What you will need
- Connect the OBD-II scanner to the OBD-II port below the vehicle’s dashboard.
- Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to position I. Dash lights will turn on. Do not start the engine.
- Go to the diagnostic menu on the scanner and select read codes.
- Select stored codes, and the scanner will show P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit Low.
- Turn off the ignition switch.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Locate the hood latch on the vehicle’s front and press the tab to the left to unlock it.
- Pull the hood up and set the hood strut to keep the hood open.
- Locate the manifold absolute pressure sensor on the right side of the engine intake manifold.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the MAP sensor by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt holding the MAP sensor by turning the bolt counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Pull the manifold absolute pressure sensor out of the engine.
- Line up the new manifold absolute pressor and press it to set it into place.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt holding the MAP sensor.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the MAP sensor.
- Get back inside the vehicle and turn the ignition switch to the accessories ON position.
- Go to the diagnostic menu on the scanner and select erase codes.
- Select yes and press the enter button on the scanner to erase the codes.
- Start the vehicle and check if the check engine light is still on.
Check Engine Light On
If the Check Engine Light is on after replacing the manifold absolute pressure sensor, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to reset the check engine light. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.