Can’t lock or unlock your Kia Forte due to a dead key fob battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your key fob’s battery. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the key fob’s battery on a Kia Forte and Forte5 2018-2022. This guide may apply to other Kia models since the same remove is used on other models. This Kia key fob has buttons on the side.
What you will need
- CR2032 Battery
- Small Flat Screwdriver
- Small Philips Screwdriver
- Pry out the back cover of the key fob using a small flat screwdriver or a prying tool.
- Remove the four screws on the battery cover using a Philips screwdriver.
- Pull the cover and blue rubber piece out of the key fob.
- Press the top part of the battery and pull the battery out using a small flat screwdriver.
- Slide the new battery in and press it to set it into place.
- Line up the blue rubber piece and the cover back to the battery.
- Reinstall the four screws and turn them clockwise to tighten.
- Line up the back cover of the key fob.
- Press the cover in to set it into place.
- Check the new battery by pressing the key fob buttons.
We hope you find the Kia Forte Key Fob Battery Replacement Guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!