Learn how to replace the battery in a Toyota key fob. To change the battery in this Toyota key, you will need a CR2025 battery.
Let’s look at how you can replace the battery in one of the most common Toyota key fobs. If your Toyota key fob doesn’t look like the one in this video, we have published more videos below.
- Locate the slot on the side of the keyfob. Insert a flat screwdriver and twist it to separate the key housing.
- Remove the housing from inside the key shell. You will see the battery housing that you need to open up.
- Use a screwdriver to pop out the back cover. You will need to push inside all 5 tabs. They just need to be pushed in slightly to allow the black plastic to release.
- Remove the back cover. Slide out the old battery. Install new CR2025 3-volt lithium battery.
- Install the battery shell in reverse order. If the buttons of this remote are worn out, you can replace the buttons while you are at it or even the whole case. A new shell for this remote can be purchased online
Lastly, here is another video on how to replace the battery on a Toyota Camry equipped with a push start feature.
The tutorials on this post should cover the step on how to replace the battery on Camry, Corolla, Starlet, Yaris, Prius, Matrix, Corona, Caldina, Avensis, Avalon, Crown, Celica, MR2, Yaris Ractis, Verso, Previa, Sienna, RAV4, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Highlander, Venza, Hilux, Tacoma, Tundra. If we missed the instructions on how to change the battery on any Toyota model, please reach out and let us know.
We hope you find the Toyota Key Fob Battery Replacement Instructions guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.