Is there a squealing sound on your Toyota Camry, and is it difficult to start due to a faulty serpentine belt? This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the serpentine belt on a Toyota Camry 2012-2017. A Toyota Camry serpentine belt may also be called a poly-v or drive belt.
How to Replace Serpentine Belt on Toyota Camry 2012-2017
What you will need
- 14mm wrench
- Serpentine belt
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard. Go to the front, unlock the hood latch, and pull the hood up until the hood struts are in the hold position.
- Locate the serpentine belt on the passenger side of the engine compartment.
- Release the tension on the tensioner pulley by putting a 14mm wrench on the bolt and pulling it.
- Pull out the serpentine belt once the tension is released.
- Get the new serpentine belt and route it as the old belt was routed.
- Line up the serpentine belt to the pulleys, release the tension on the tensioner pulley, and put it on the alternator to lock it.
Make sure that the serpentine belt is aligned very well.
We hope you find the Replace Serpentine Belt Toyota Camry 2012-2017 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota Camry.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.