Is the front bumper of your Toyota Highlander broken? This guide is a step-by-step procedure for removing and replacing the front bumper of a Toyota Highlander 2014-2018.
What you will need
- Front Bumper Toyota Highlander
- Fastener Remover Tool
- Philips Screwdriver
- Flat Screwdriver
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and locate the hood latch at the front.
- Pull up the tab on the hood latch to unlock it. As you keep the release pressed, pull the hood up.
- Locate the hood strut on the left side of the engine compartment and set it up to secure the hood.
- Remove nine push clips on the bumper support bracket and two push clips on the plastic cover behind the headlight assembly. Use a fastener remover tool to pull the push pins out.
- Once the push clips are removed, pull the upper bumper trim from the vehicle.
- Remove the six large push pins above and three push clips on the backside of the front bumper by pulling them out using a fastener removal tool.
- Remove the eight bolts below the front bumper by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm socket or screwdriver.
- Remove the bolts and push clips on the fender skirt. Then pull the fender skirt out from the front bumper. Repeat the procedure for the opposite side.
- Once the fender skirt pops out from the front bumper, pull the edges of the front bumper out of the vehicle.
- Reach behind the fog light assembly and disconnect the electrical connectors by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out to disconnect.
- Carry the front bumper up and away from the vehicle.
We hope you find the 2014-2018 Toyota Highlander Front Bumper Removal guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.