Is your Nissan Sentra engine power decreased, rough idle, and check engine light on due to a faulty engine air filter? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the engine air filter of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the engine air filter on a Nissan Sentra 2013-2019.
What you will need
- Engine Air Filter Nissan Sentra
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and locate the hood latch at the front of the vehicle.
- Slide the tab to the left to unlock the hood latch, then pull the hood up.
- Set the hood rod to secure the hood. The hood rod is attached to the vehicle’s hood.
- Locate the air filter housing on the driver’s side of the engine compartment near the brake fluid reservoir.
- Unlock the metal clips on the air filter housing by pulling them out.
- Pull the outer air filter housing away from the main housing to detach the attached tabs.
- Pull the whole air intake and external air filter housing up and out from the vehicle.
- Inside the outer air filter housing, pull the air filter out to remove it.
- Clean the air filter housing by removing the dirt and debris using a car vacuum.
- Place the new air filter in the outer air filter housing and ensure it is in its proper orientation.
- Line up the air filter housing and air intake hose back to the vehicle.
- Then press the metal clips to lock the air filter housing in place.
- Lower the hood and make sure it latches properly. Start the engine and make sure the engine runs properly.
We hope you find the 2013–2019 Nissan Sentra Engine Air Filter Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.