Does your Nissan Sentra have a clucking noise when driving over bumps due to a faulty sway bar link? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the sway bar link of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the sway bar link on a Nissan Sentra 2013-2019.
Replacing Sway Bar Linkages
What you will need
- Nissan Sentra Sway Bar Link
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- Allen Wrench
- 19mm Socket
- Lug Wrench
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Park the vehicle on a flat ground surface, set the shifter in park, and turn off the ignition.
- Loosen the lug nuts of the front wheel by using a lug wrench. Then, jack up the vehicle’s front and support it with jack stands.
- Remove the lug nuts and pull the wheel out from the vehicle to access the sway bar link wider.
- The sway bar link is located on the suspension system and is parallel to the strut assembly of the vehicle.
- Remove the 19mm bolt on the bottom of the sway bar link using a 19mm socket. If the bolt is spinning when loosened, use an Allen wrench to hold and prevent it from turning.
- Remove the 19mm bolt on the top of the sway bar link using a 10mm socket. If the bolt is spinning when loosened, use an Allen wrench to hold and prevent it from turning.
- Once the bolts have been removed, pull the sway bar link out from the vehicle.
- Line up the new sway bar link to the vehicle.
- Reinstall the 19mm bolts using the 19mm socket and tighten them with their proper torque specification.
- Line the front wheel back to the vehicle and reinstall its lug nuts using the lug wrench.
We hope the 2013–2019 Nissan Sentra – Sway Bar Link Replacement guide is helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.