Guide on how to fix faulty code P0300 – Engine Misfire / Ignition Coil replacement on a Nissan Sentra 2013-2019.
What you will need
- Nissan Sentra Ignition Coil
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Ratchet wrench
- 4″ 3/8 Extension
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and unlock the hood latch, then pull the hood up and secure it open using the hood strut/prop.
- Remove the engine cover by pulling it up to detach the tabs.
- Locate the ignition coil on the backside of the engine.
- Detach the hose above the ignition coil to have easier access to the ignition coil. Press on the clip and pull the hose out to detach.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the ignition coil by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt on the ignition coil using a 10mm socket/nut driver.
- Once the bolt is removed, pull the ignition coil out from the engine.
- Line up the new ignition coil and press it to set it.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt on the ignition coil and tighten it to its proper torque specification.
- Connect the electrical connector to the new ignition coil by pushing it to its connection port.
- Reattach the hose back to the vehicle by pushing it and placing the clip to set it into place.
- Line up the engine cover and push it in to set it into place.
We hope you find the Nissan Sentra Fault Code P0300 Engine Misfire/ Ignition Coil Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.