Guide on how to fix faulty code P0300 – Engine Misfire / Ignition Coil replacement on a Nissan Sentra 2013-2019.
What you will need
- Nissan Sentra Ignition Coil
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Ratchet wrench
- 4″ 3/8 Extension
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and unlock the hood latch, then pull the hood up and secure it open using the hood strut/prop.
- Remove the engine cover by pulling it up to detach the tabs.
- Locate the ignition coil on the backside of the engine.
- Detach the hose above the ignition coil to have easier access to the ignition coil. Press on the clip and pull the hose out to detach.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the ignition coil by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt on the ignition coil using a 10mm socket/nut driver.
- Once the bolt is removed, pull the ignition coil out from the engine.
- Line up the new ignition coil and press it to set it.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt on the ignition coil and tighten it to its proper torque specification.
- Connect the electrical connector to the new ignition coil by pushing it to its connection port.
- Reattach the hose back to the vehicle by pushing it and placing the clip to set it into place.
- Line up the engine cover and push it in to set it into place.
Check Engine Light On
If the check engine light is on after replacing the ignition coil, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to reset the check engine light. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
We hope you find the Nissan Sentra Fault Code P0300 Engine Misfire/ Ignition Coil Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.