These steps show how to replace the ABS wheel speed sensor on a 2019 Nissan Sentra. While this shows how to replace the wheel speed sensor on a Nissan Sentra 2013-2019, the instructions are similar for other models, including Nissan Versa, Altima, Maxima, Pathfinder, etc.
How to Replace the ABS Wheel Speed Sensor on a Nissan Sentra
What you will need
- Nissan Sentra Wheel Speed Sensor
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Pick Tool
- Park the vehicle on a flat ground surface.
- Loosen the wheel’s lug nuts by turning them counterclockwise using a lug wrench.
- Jack up the vehicle’s front and support the vehicle with jack stands.
- Remove the lug nuts on the wheel and carry the wheel away from the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel well by pulling out the push clips holding to it. Use a flathead screwdriver/fastener remover tool to pull the push clips out.
- Locate the wheel speed sensor on the back of the rotor.
- Remove the 10mm bolt on the sensor by turning it counterclockwise using a 10mm socket/nut driver.
- Pull the sensor out from the vehicle.
- Follow the cable of the wheel speed sensor and pull the rubber grommets from the clips to detach it.
- Detach the cable clips from the vehicle by pulling them out. Use a pick tool to pull out the clips easily.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the wheel speed sensor by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Connect the electrical connector of the new wheel speed sensor by pushing it into its connection port.
- Attach the cable clips to the vehicle by lining them up and pressing them in until they snap into position.
- Line up the rubber grommets to the clips and press them in to set them into place.
- Line up the sensor and insert it into the knuckle. Then reinstall the 10mm bolt by turning it clockwise using the 10mm socket/nut driver.
- Place the wheel well back into the vehicle and reinstall its push clips to set it back into place.
- Carry the wheel back to the vehicle and reinstall the lug nuts.
ABS Light On
If the ABS light is on after replacing the ABS Wheel Speed Sensor, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to reset the ABS light. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
We hope you find the Nissan Sentra – ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.