When diagnosing your Nissan Sentra, is a fault code P0340 stored on the scanner? This guide is a step-by-step procedure to fix the faulty code P0340 – camshaft position sensor circuit low on a Nissan Sentra.
What you will need
- Nissan Sentra Camshaft Position Sensor
- OBD-II Scanner
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Connect the OBD-II scanner to the OBD-II port located below the dashboard.
- Press the start button without pressing the brake pedal or insert the key into the ignition switch and turn the key to one click to set the ignition to the accessories on position.
- Go to the diagnostic menu on the scanner and select read codes.
- Select stored codes, and the scanner will show Fault Code P0340 – Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Bank 1.
- Switch the vehicle off and open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and unlock the hood latch on the vehicle’s front, then pull the hood up and secure it open using the vehicle’s hood support.
- Remove the engine cover by pulling it out from the engine.
- Locate the camshaft position sensor on the right side of the engine.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the camshaft position sensor by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt on the sensor by turning it counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Remove the camshaft position sensor by pulling it out from the vehicle.
- Line up the new camshaft position sensor and insert it into its proper orientation.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt on the sensor by turning it clockwise using the 10mm socket.
- Connect the electrical connector to the new camshaft position sensor by pushing it into the port.
- Line up the engine cover and press it in until it locks in place.
- Set the vehicle to the accessories menu again and go to the diagnostic menu on the scanner.
- Select erase codes and press ok to erase the stored codes on the vehicle.
- Start the vehicle several times and ensure the check engine light stays ON.
Check Engine Light On
If the check engine light is on after replacing the camshaft position sensor, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to reset the check engine light. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
We hope you find the Nissan P0340 Fault Code Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.