When diagnosing your Nissan Sentra, is there a fault code P0335 stored on the scanner? Fix fault code P0335 on Nissan vehicles by following the procedures below. This tutorial is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the crankshaft position sensor and fixing fault code P0335 on a Nissan Sentra.
What you will need
- Nissan Sentra Crankshaft Position Sensor
- OBD-II Scanner
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Pickup Tool
- Connect the OBD-II Scanner to the OBD-II Port located below the dashboard.
- Press the push start button once without pressing the brake pedal to set the vehicle on the accessories menu.
- Go to the Diagnostic Menu on the scanner and select Read Code.
- Select stored codes, and the scanner will show faulty code P0335 – Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit.
- Turn off the ignition, jack up the vehicle’s front and support the vehicle with jack stands.
- Remove the engine splash shield below the vehicle’s motor near the oil filter. There’s a 10mm bolt holding the engine splash shield. Remove them by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm socket/nut driver.
- Locate the crankshaft position sensor near the vehicle’s oil filter.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the sensor by pressing its clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt holding the sensor by turning it counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Once the bolt is removed, remove the crankshaft position sensor by pulling it out. Use a pick tool to pull the sensor out easily.
- Line up the new sensor and press it in to set it into place.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt on the crankshaft position sensor by turning it clockwise using the 10mm socket.
- Connect the electrical connector of the crankshaft position sensor by pushing it into the port.
- Line up the engine splash shield to its original position and reinstall the bolts holding to it by turning them clockwise using the 10mm socket.
- Press the push start button once without pressing the brake pedal again to set the vehicle to the accessories menu.
- Go to the diagnostic menu again and select erase codes on the scanner.
- Press enter to erase the stored codes.
- Start the vehicle several times and ensure the check engine light stays off.
Check Engine Light On
If the check engine light is on after replacing the crankshaft position sensor, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to reset the check engine light. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!