When diagnosing your Nissan, Is there a P0102 fault code stored on your OBD-II scanner? Learn how to fix fault code P0102 on Nissan vehicles by following the procedures below. This tutorial is based on a 2019 Nissan Sentra.
What you will need
- Nissan Sentra Mass Airflow Sensor
- Philips Screwdriver
- YOUCANIC OBD-II Scanner
- Connect the OBD-II Scanner to the OBD-II Port located below the dashboard.
- Push the start button once without pressing the brake pedal to set the vehicle to the accessories menu.
- Once the scanner is set up, go to the diagnostic menu and select read codes.
- Select stored codes, and the scanner will show a faulty code, for example, P0102 – Mass Airflow Sensor Circuit Low.
- Turn off the vehicle before repairing the mass airflow sensor.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and unlock the hood latch, then pull the hood up and secure it open using the hood strut/prop.
- Locate the mass airflow sensor on the firewall area behind the brake fluid reservoir.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the mass airflow sensor by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the two screws holding the sensor by turning them counterclockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Once the screws are removed, pull the mass airflow sensor out from the vehicle.
- Line up the new mass airflow sensor and press it in to set it into place.
- Reinstall the two screws holding the sensor by turning them clockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Connect the electrical connector of the mass airflow sensor by pushing it into its connection port.
- Turn the ignition switch to the accessories menu by pushing the start button without pressing the brake pedal.
- Go to the diagnostic menu on the scanner and select erase codes.
- Press enter to erase the stored codes on the scanner.
- Start the vehicle a few times and check if the check engine light is fixed.
Check Engine Light On
If the check engine light is on after replacing the mass airflow sensor, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to reset the check engine light. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
We hope you find the Nissan P0102 Faulty Code – Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.