Need to change the engine oil of your Nissan Rogue? This guide is a step-by-step procedure for changing the oil of a Nissan Rogue Sport 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 equipped with the 2.0L 4-cylinder engine. First, look at the tools and parts you need; then, in the next section, you will find step-by-step procedures to change the engine oil on your Nissan Rogue.
What you will need
You will need a list of tools and parts to change the oil and replace the oil filter on a Nissan Rogue Sport 2017+.
- Engine Oil
- Grade: 0W-20 Full Synthetic
- Capacity: 2.0L Engine – 4.1 quarts , 2.5L Engine – 4.9 quarts.
- 1 quart (US) = 0.9463 liter
- Engine Oil Filter
- Nissan Rogue Engine Oil Filter
- Oil Filter Wrench or Oil Filter Pliers
- Oil drain pan
- Oil Funnel
- Work Gloves
- Ramps or Floor Jack
- Jack stands (x2)
- Metric Sockets
- Wheel Chocks
- Torque Wrench
- Park the vehicle on level ground and allow the engine to cool down.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard and unlock the hood latch at the front by pressing the tab up and pulling the hood up. Then set the hood rod to secure the hood.
- Remove the oil cap by turning it counterclockwise. Place the lid to the side.
- Pull the dipstick out of the engine.
- Jack up the vehicle’s front and support the vehicle with jack stands.
- Remove the push clips around the engine splash shield by pulling them out using a fastener remover tool.
- Pull the engine splash shield out of the vehicle to access the oil drain plug.
- Place the oil pan below the oil drain plug.
- Loosen the oil drain plug by turning it counterclockwise using a 14mm wrench. Then remove the oil drain plug by hand.
- While waiting for the oil to be drained, replace the copper washer of the oil drain plug.
- Reinstall the oil drain plug by turning it clockwise using the 14mm wrench. Tighten the oil drain plug to proper torque specification. Typically 28 ft-lbs.
- Clean the oil drain plug and its surroundings by wiping it using a clean, absorbent cloth.
- Move the oil pan below the oil filter on the front side of the oil drain plug.
- Loosen the oil filter by turning it counterclockwise using an oil filter plier. Then remove the oil filter plier by hand.
- Wipe the oil filter installation port clean using an oil absorbent cloth.
- Install the new oil filter by turning it clockwise to tighten. Tighten the oil filter by hand as hard as you can.
- Remove the jack stand and release the floor jack to lower the vehicle to the ground.
- Place a funnel on the engine and add the right amount of engine oil.
- Check the oil level using the oil dipstick. Wipe the oil dipstick clean and insert it back into the vehicle. Then pull the oil dipstick out and check the oil level on the tip of the dipstick.
- Oil filter: 14.7 – 20.5 N-m or (11 – 15 lb-ft)
- Oil drain plug: 29 – 39 N-m or (22 – 29 lb-ft)
One newton meter equals 0.7376 ft-lbs, rounded to 4 decimal places. To convert newton meters to foot-pounds, multiply your figure by 0.7376.
Applicable Oil Filters
- Fram XG6607
- Fram FS6607
- Tough Guard TG6607
- Extra Guard PH6607
- Fram FD6607
- LUBER-FINER PH2876
- Mobil 1 M1-108A
- Fram PH6607
- Purolator PL14612
- Bosch 3300
- Wix 51358
- K&N PS-1008
These oil filter part numbers are for reference only. Verify oil filter fitment by contacting the supplier or the manufacturer.
We hope you find the 2017+ Nissan Rogue Sport Engine Oil Change DIY guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.