Can’t start your Kia Forte due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your key fob’s battery. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the battery on a Kia Forte 2018-2022.
What you will need
- H5 Battery
- Minimum CCA: 500A
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- 12mm Socket
- Use the metal key inside the keyfob to unlock the driver’s door.
- Set the parking brakes. Turn off the ignition.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Locate the hood latch on the vehicle’s front and unlock it by pressing the tab to the left.
- Pull the hood up and set the hood rod to keep the hood open.
- Locate the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment near the brake fluid reservoir and the ECU of the vehicle.
- Open the cover of the positive terminal by pressing the clip and pulling up the cover.
- Loosen the 10mm bolts on the battery terminals. Use a 10mm socket and turn it counterclockwise to loosen the bolt.
- Pull the battery terminals out from the battery posts.
- Remove the 12mm bolt on the battery bracket located on the lower front side of the battery. Use a 12mm socket, extension, and turn it counterclockwise to remove the bolt.
- Pull the battery bracket out from the battery tray.
- Slide the battery to the front and carry the battery out using the handles.
- Clean the battery tray using a vacuum if dirt or leaves are present.
- Place the new battery and slide it to the back to line it up to its proper position.
- Line up the battery bracket and reinstall its 12mm bolt.
- Reconnect the battery terminals back to the battery posts and tighten the 10mm bolts on the battery terminals. Connect the positive battery terminal first. Connect the negative battery terminal last.
- Battery mounting bracket: 15 Nm
We hope you find the 2018+ Kia Forte Battery Replacement DIY guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!