Can’t start your Toyota Camry due to a dead battery? Learn the step-by-step procedure to jump-start the battery on a 2012-2017 Toyota Camry XV50.
What you will need
- Jumper Cables (requires a running car)
- Jumper Box
- Unlock the vehicle; if the battery is dead. Use the metal key to unlock the car manually. See the step-by-step procedure on how to unlock the car manually.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard, go to the vehicle’s front, unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up until the hood struts are in hold position.
- Locate the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment. Pull off the positive terminal cover. The Positive “+” terminal is the one with a red cover, while the negative “-” terminal has a black cover.
- Check first if the terminals are loose. This could be the reason why the vehicle won’t start. If the battery is completely dead, It is recommended to charge the battery for a while to prevent overworking the alternator.
- Get the jumper cables or jump box.
- Connect the red jumper cable to the positive terminal of the battery.
- Connect the black jumper cable to the ground terminal of the vehicle. The strut bolt is a good ground for doing this procedure.
- Connect the other side of the jumper cables to the running vehicle. Make sure to connect the wires to the proper terminals.
- Wait for a few minutes and let the battery charge.
- Start the vehicle.
We hope you find the Toyota Camry Jump Start Dead Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.