Can’t start your Audi vehicle due to a dead battery? Learn how to jump-start a dead Audi battery by following the procedures below.
Typical symptoms of a dead Audi battery include:
- Audi Won’t Start.
- Audi engine won’t turn over.
- Clicking noise when trying to start the engine.
What you will need
- Portable jump box
- Jumper Cables
If your Audi battery is dead, the key fob will not work.
Remove the emergency metal key from the keyfob and manually open the driver’s door.
- Remove the key from the ignition. Modern cars are susceptible to voltage drops, and Audi models such as the A3, A4, A5, S6, Q5, and TT are no exception. To avoid electrical problems, make sure the ignition is turned off.
- Open the hood. Locate the hood release underneath the dash. Pull the lever until you hear the hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood.
- Connect the red jumper cable to the positive terminal on the dead battery. If your Audi has a dedicated, positive post, connect the jumper cables to the positive post instead.
- Connect the other end of the red (positive) jumper cable to the other car’s positive terminal.
- Connect the black (negative) cable to the other car.
- Connect the other end of the black (negative) cable to the engine block or the strut tower bolt on the Audi with the dead battery. Avoid connecting to the negative post on the dead battery. Don’t connect to a painted area. Some models have a dedicated ground post next to the positive post.
- Start the engine in the other car and let it idle.
- Start the engine on your Audi. If the car won’t start the first time but only clicks, check the clamps to make sure they are making good contact. Allow the battery to charge for a few minutes before trying again.
These are general instructions meant to help Audi models, including the A3, S3, RS3, A4, S4, A5, S5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS7, A8, S8, Q3, Q5, SQ5, Q7, TT, and R8.
We hope you found this guide, “Jump-start dead battery,” helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Audi vehicle.