How can I check the battery voltage and alternator condition via cluster on a Mercedes-Benz? The following procedure is simple to check whether your Mercedes-Benz alternator is charging or if the battery is discharged.
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver’s seat.
- Remove the push start button by pulling it out.
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn it with one click.
- Use the steering wheel buttons to show the miles on the cluster.
- Press the phone button and after 1 second, press the ok button and hold them both for five seconds.
- Select Vehicle Data on the cluster by pressing the ok button on the steering wheel.
- The cluster will show the Battery’s Voltage and Current.
- Start the vehicle, and you will notice that the voltage will go up, and the negative current turns positive, indicating that the current is going to the battery(charging). When the current is negative, the battery supplies voltage to the vehicle and discharges. This is a great idea to check what is happening with your vehicle’s alternator.
Battery Charge Level
|State of Charge||Sealed or Flooded Lead Acid battery voltage||AGM battery voltage|
We hope you find the Check Mercedes-Benz Battery & Alternator No Tools or Voltmeter guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!