Do you hear a scratching sound, or are streaks left when the wiper switch is on? Learn how to fix it by replacing the windshield wiper blade of your Audi vehicle.
Replacing the windshield wiper blade on an Audi is easy once you know how to set the wipers in the service position. For more help with this step, see the instructions below.
What you will need
- Windshield Wipers
Set Audi Wipers in Service Position.
– In older Audi vehicles, you can simply fold the wiper arm and change the wipers.
– In newer Audi vehicles, you can’t fold the wiper out because the hood will prevent you. You need to set your wipers in the service position. Watch the following video to learn how to set Audi wipers in the service position.
Press CAR > Servicing and Check > Wiper Service Position > ON
Use a small flat screwdriver to lift part of the plastic that locks the wiper in place. Not all Audi wipers have this plastic retainer. If your Audi wipers do not have this plastic, move to the next step.
Rotate the wiper blade so that it is perpendicular to the wiper arm.
Rotate the wiper slightly so that you can press the release.
Remove the wiper from the wiper arm.
Grab the new wiper and install it in the wiper arm.
Slide the new wiper into the wiper arm until you hear it click.
Lower the wiper arm on the windshield.
Change Audi PTB Wiper Blades
In this section, you will find instructions on changing the Pinch Tab Button (PTB).
- Place the wipers in the service position. See the instructions above.
- As you press the tab, pull the wiper away from the arm to remove it.
- Install the new wiper in reverse order. Ensure the tab locks in place, or the wiper can come off during operation or driving.
Owners of several Audi models (such as A3, S3, RS3, A4, S4, A5, S5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS7, A8, S8, Q3, Q5, SQ5, Q7, TT, R8) should find this guide helpful.
We hope you find the Audi Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Audi.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!