Can’t start your Honda Fit due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the battery of your Honda Fit. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for cleaning and replacing the battery on a Honda Fit, 2007-2012.
What you will need
- 10mm Wrench
- Car Battery
- Group size: 151R
- Cold Cranking Amps: 370A min
- Battery Corrosion Brush
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the front; then unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up.
- Locate the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the negative terminal by loosening the 10mm bolt and pulling the battery terminal out from the battery post.
- Disconnect the positive terminal by loosening the 10mm bolt and pulling the battery terminal out from the battery post.
- Remove the battery bracket to pull the battery out from the vehicle.
- Clean the battery terminals using a battery corrosion brush.
- Get the new battery or clean the battery post using the battery corrosion brush and recharge the battery.
- Place the battery back on the battery tray and reinstall the bracket.
- Connect the positive terminal back to the battery and tighten the 10mm bolt.
- Connect the negative terminal back to the battery and tighten the 10mm bolt.
We hope you find the 2007-2012 Honda Fit Battery Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Honda.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!