Can’t start your Honda Fit due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the battery of your Honda Fit. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for cleaning and replacing the battery on a Honda Fit, 2007-2012.
What you will need
- 10mm Wrench
- Car Battery
- Group size: 151R
- Cold Cranking Amps: 370A min
- Battery Corrosion Brush
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the front; then unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up.
- Locate the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the negative terminal by loosening the 10mm bolt and pulling the battery terminal out from the battery post.
- Disconnect the positive terminal by loosening the 10mm bolt and pulling the battery terminal out from the battery post.
- Remove the battery bracket to pull the battery out from the vehicle.
- Clean the battery terminals using a battery corrosion brush.
- Get the new battery or clean the battery post using the battery corrosion brush and recharge the battery.
- Place the battery back on the battery tray and reinstall the bracket.
- Connect the positive terminal back to the battery and tighten the 10mm bolt.
- Connect the negative terminal to the battery and tighten the 10mm bolt.
We hope you find the 2007-2012 Honda Fit Battery Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Honda.