Headlight Assembly Replacement Kia Optima 2016-2020
Is your Kia Optima headlight assembly broken? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the headlight assembly of your Kia Optima. This is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the headlight assembly on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Kia Optima Headlight assembly
- 10mm socket wrench
- 12mm socket wrench
- Remove the front bumper. For more help with this step, follow the guide on how to remove the front bumper on Kia Optima.
- Remove the 10mm bolts and 12mm bolts holding the headlight assembly shown with the red arrows below.
- Pull the headlight assembly out and disconnect the electrical connector by pressing and pulling the clip out from the headlight. Then fully remove the headlight assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the new headlight assembly.
- Line up the tabs of the new headlight assembly to the vehicle.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolts, and 12mm bolt to the new headlight assembly.
- Remove the plastic cover of the new headlight assembly.
- Reconnect the electrical connector to the new headlight assembly by simply pushing it in.
- Check the new headlight assembly by turning the lights on.
- Reinstall the front bumper. If you need help reinstalling the front bumper, follow this guide.
We hope you find the Headlight Assembly Replacement Kia Optima 2016-2020 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia Optima.