Is your Kia Optima headlight assembly broken? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the headlight assembly of your Kia Optima. This is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the headlight assembly on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Kia Optima Headlight assembly
- 10mm socket wrench
- 12mm socket wrench
- Remove the front bumper. For more help with this step, follow the guide on how to remove the front bumper on Kia Optima.
- Remove the 10mm and 12mm bolts holding the headlight assembly shown with the red arrows below.
- Pull the headlight assembly out and disconnect the electrical connector by pressing and pulling the clip out from the headlight. Then, fully remove the headlight assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the new headlight assembly.
- Line up the tabs of the new headlight assembly to the vehicle.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolts and 12mm bolts to the new headlight assembly.
- Remove the plastic cover of the new headlight assembly.
- Reconnect the electrical connector to the new headlight assembly by simply pushing it in.
- Check the new headlight assembly by turning the lights on.
- Reinstall the front bumper. If you need help reinstalling the front bumper, follow this guide.
We hope you find the Headlight Assembly Replacement Kia Optima 2016-2020 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia Optima.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!