Is the oil pressure warning light displayed on your Kia Optima dashboard? Learn how to fix the problem by checking the oil level and adding engine oil to your Kia Optima. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on how to check and add engine oil on the 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- SAE 5W-20 Engine Oil
- Oil Funnel
- Open the hood, pull the hood release under the dashboard, and go to the front of the vehicle. Then, unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up until it reaches the maximum and stays in the open position.
- Locate the oil dipstick (orange or yellow) at the front of the engine.
- Check the oil level, pull the dipstick out, and wipe it clean.
- Then, fully reinsert the dipstick back in the engine and pull it out again. The two dots on the tip of the dipstick indicate the FULL (F) and LOW (L) oil levels.
- Add engine oil, open the oil cap on the middle part of the engine cover, and put a funnel to prevent the oil from spilling. Check on the cap or owner’s manual to verify what engine oil grade to use.
- Add one quart (liter) at a time. Repeat the procedure above and make sure not to overfill the engine.
- Put the oil cap back on and turn it clockwise to lock it in its place.
We hope you find the Check Oil Level & Add Engine Oil Kia Optima 2016-2020 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.