Is your Kia door handle broken? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the door handle of your Kia. This guide is step-by-step instructions on replacing the door handle on a Kia Optima. This guide may apply to other Kia models.
What you will need
- 10mm nut driver
- Prying tool
- Door handle
- Locate the hole under the door handle cover, insert the metal key into the hole, and push it up to remove the cover.
- Unlock the vehicle and open the door.
- Remove the rubber cover above the door latch using a prying tool.
- Insert a 10mm nut driver into the hole and loosen the 10mm bolt holding the door lock. Then, remove the door lock by pulling it out.
- Slide the door handle to the right and pull it out.
- Get the new door handle, push it back to the door, and slide it to the left to lock in its place.
- Line up the door lock and push it into the door.
- Tighten the bolt above the door latch.
- Line up the door lock cover and push it in to lock on its place.
- Push the black rubber cover back into the door.
That’s it. Replacing the door handle on a Kia Optima is easy. This procedure may apply to other Kia models, including Kia Forte, Sedona, Sorento, Soul, etc.
We hope you find the Kia Door Handle Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!