Is the backup/reverse light of your Kia Forte not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s light bulb. This guide is a step-by-step procedure to replace the backup light bulb on a Kia Forte 2018-2022.
What you will need
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Light Bulb 921
- Philips Screwdriver
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- Jack up the vehicle’s back and support it with jack stands.
- Remove the screw on the rear wheel well by turning it counterclockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Remove the two push clips on the rear wheel well by pulling them out using a flat screwdriver.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on the plastic shield below the rear bumper. Turn the bolts counterclockwise using a 10mm socket to remove them.
- Remove the four push clips on the plastic shield by pulling them out using a flat screwdriver.
- Remove the 11mm bolt on the back of the plastic shield by turning it counterclockwise using an 11mm socket.
- Pull the edge of the bumper to have more comprehensive access to the socket of the backup light.
- Pull the plastic shield down to access the backup light’s socket.
- Reach inside the vehicle and remove the socket from the assembly by twisting it counterclockwise and pulling it out from the lamp.
- Pull the light bulb out from the socket.
- Insert the new light bulb into the socket and press it to set it in.
- Place the socket back into the assembly and twist it clockwise to lock in position.
- Press the rear bumper back to its proper position.
- Line up the plastic shield below the rear bumper. Then reinstall the push clips and bolts to set the plastic shield in position.
- Reinstall the screw and two push clips on the rear wheel well of the vehicle.
We hope you find the 2018+ Kia Forte Backup Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.