Is the backup/reverse light of your Kia Forte not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s light bulb. This guide is a step-by-step procedure to replace the backup light bulb on a Kia Forte 2018-2022.
What you will need
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Light Bulb 921
- Philips Screwdriver
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- Jack up the vehicle’s back and support it with jack stands.
- Remove the screw on the rear wheel well by turning it counterclockwise using a Philips screwdriver.
- Remove the two push clips on the rear wheel well by pulling them out using a flat screwdriver.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on the plastic shield below the rear bumper. Turn the bolts counterclockwise using a 10mm socket to remove them.
- Remove the four push clips on the plastic shield by pulling them out using a flat screwdriver.
- Remove the 11mm bolt on the back of the plastic shield by turning it counterclockwise using an 11mm socket.
- Pull the edge of the bumper to have more comprehensive access to the socket of the backup light.
- Pull the plastic shield down to access the backup light’s socket.
- Reach inside the vehicle and remove the socket from the assembly by twisting it counterclockwise and pulling it out from the lamp.
- Pull the light bulb out from the socket.
- Insert the new light bulb into the socket and press it to set it in.
- Place the socket back into the assembly and twist it clockwise to lock in position.
- Press the rear bumper back to its proper position.
- Line up the plastic shield below the rear bumper. Then reinstall the push clips and bolts to set the plastic shield in position.
- Reinstall the screw and two push clips on the rear wheel well of the vehicle.
We hope you find the 2018+ Kia Forte Backup Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!