This engine is one of the most popular and reliable engines installed in many Nissan and Infinity vehicles since 2000. Some models equipped with this engine include Nissan Pathfinder, Altima, Maxima, 350Z, Murano, Infinity QX4, I35, G35, FX35, and Quest.
What you will need
- Engine Oil 0W-20 Synthetic Oil
- Quantity: 5qt or ~5L
- Oil Filter for Nissan 3.5L
- Oil Filter Wrench
- Oil Drain Pan
- Jack Stands
- 10 mm socket
- 17 mm socket
- Ratchet Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Drive the car up on ramps. Place the car in the park and set the parking brakes.
- Block the rear tires to prevent the vehicle from rolling back.
- Secure the vehicle with jack stands.
- Pull the hood release until you hear the hood pop up. Move to the front of the car and release the latch, then lift the hood.
- Remove the plastic shield from the bottom of the engine. Watch the following video on how to remove the engine undercover (under the shield).
Locate the oil drain plug under the engine. Here is a close-up picture of the oil drain plug on this Nissan
Remove the oil drain plug. Use a 17 mm socket to remove this bolt by turning it counterclockwise. Once you break the bolt loose, you can use your hand to remove the bolt but be careful so that you don’t get burned if the oil is hot. Ensure the oil catch pan is located under the oil drain hole. Allow the old oil to drain for at least ten minutes.
Replace the drain plug washer if you have one.
Reinstall the drain plug on your Nissan/Infiniti engine. Tighten the drain plug to 29 ft-lb.
Locate the engine filer on your Nissan. In this Nissan Quest, the filter is on the passenger side, next to the inner CV joint. Use an oil filter wrench to remove the oil filter.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
Reset Oil Reminder. Reset the oil service reminder via the buttons on the side of the instrument cluster.
- The oil change interval for most Nissan vehicles ranges between 5,000 and 10,000 miles.
- Older Nissan vehicles that use conventional oil should have the oil changed every 3,000 miles.
- Verify by looking it up in your owner’s manual. Changing the oil and oil filter at the recommended intervals is very important.
Nissan oil drain plug is typically torqued to 29 ft-lb.
- Drain plug: 22 to 29 ft-lb (29 to 39 N·m)
- Oil filter: 11 to 15 ft-lb (14.7 to 20.5 N·m)
Applicable Oil Filters
Use the following chart for reference only. Verify with the manufacturer if the oil filter fits your Nissan or Infiniti.
- AC Delco PF1237
- Champ Labs. PH2876
- Donaldson P502067
- Fram PH5541
- Fram PH6607
- Fram PH7317
- Fram PH9688
- Fram TG6607
- Fram TG7317
- Fram TG9688
- Fram XG6607
- Fram XG7317
- Fram XG9688
- Infiniti 1520865F0C
- Infiniti 1520865F0E
- Mann-Hummel ML1014
- Mobil One M1108A
- Motorcraft FL816
- Nissan 1520865F0C
- Nissan 1520865F0E
- Purolator L14612
- Purolator L14622
- Smart 1321800010
- STP S2869
- SuperTech ST6607
- SuperTech ST9688
- WIX 51365
We hope you find the Nissan Infiniti 3.5L V6 Change Engine Oil DIY guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.