This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the ABS wheel speed sensor on a Nissan Rogue Sport 2017+. This guide will help replace the ABS speed sensor on any Nissan because the setup is the same for all Nissan vehicles, including Altima, Sentra, Versa, Murano, etc.
What you will need
- Nissan Wheel Speed Sensor
- Lug Wrench
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Fastener Remover Tool
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- Loosen the lug nuts on the wheel with the bad ABS sensor before raising the vehicle.
- Jack up the corresponding corner of the vehicle and support it with jack stands.
- Remove the lug nuts and take the wheel from the vehicle.
- Remove the plastic shield inside the vehicle’s fender liner by removing the six push clips around it. Use a fastener remover to pull out the push clips.
- Disconnect the electrical connector for the wheel speed sensor by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Follow the wheel speed sensor cable and disconnect the cable from where it is attached.
- Remove the 10mm bolt on the sensor by turning it counterclockwise using a 10mm wrench. Then pull the sensor out of the vehicle to remove the ABS wheel speed sensor.
- Install the new wheel speed sensor and reinstall the 10mm bolt by turning it counterclockwise using the 10mm wrench.
- Push the cable to the rubber grommets to secure the cable of the wheel speed sensor into position.
- Connect the electrical connector of the wheel speed sensor by pushing it into the connector.
- Line up the plastic shield and reinstall its six push clips.
- Place the wheel back in the vehicle and reinstall its lug nuts by turning it clockwise using the lug wrench.
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts to specification.
ABS Light On
If the ABS light is on after replacing the ABS wheel speed sensor, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to reset the abs light. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
Cost to Replace a Nissan ABS Wheel Speed Sensor
At the mechanic or dealership, it costs between $350-$500 to replace the ABS wheel speed sensor on a Nissan vehicle. If you have a few essential tools, such as a mechanic metric toolset, you can replace the ABS wheel speed sensor for under $80.
We hope you find the Nissan Rogue ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!