Is the outer tail light assembly of your Nissan Rogue broken? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s outer tail light assembly. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for removing and replacing the outer tail light assembly on a Nissan Rogue Sport 2017+.
What you will need
- Outer Tail Light Assembly Nissan Rogue Sport
- 10mm Nut Driver
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Open the hatch by pressing the push switch button above the license plate light.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on the inner edge of the outer tail light assembly by turning the bolts counterclockwise using a 10mm nut driver.
- Pull the outer tail light assembly from the vehicle. Slide the tail light towards the back carefully. The tail light is fragile and can brake.
- Disconnect the electrical connector for the outer tail light assembly by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out. Use a screwdriver or a pick tool to easily push the connector clip and release.
- Connect the electrical connector to the new outer tail light assembly by pushing the connector into the socket.
- Line up the new outer tail light assembly to the vehicle and press it in to set it into place.
- Reinstall the two 10mm bolts on the inner edge of the outer tail light assembly. Turn the bolts clockwise to tighten.
That’s it. Replacing the tail light on a Nissan Rogue Sport is very easy. Be careful when you pull back the tail light to remove it from the car, as it can easily break.
We hope you find the 2017+ Nissan Rogue Sport Outer Tail Light Assembly Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.