Is the inner tail light assembly of your Mazda 3 broken? Learn how to replace the tail light assembly by following the procedures below. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for removing and changing the inner tail light assembly on a 2013-2018 Mazda 3.
What you will need
- Pick tool or screwdriver
- Prying tool
- 10mm nut driver
- Inner tail light assembly
- Pull the trunk release under the dashboard to open the trunk.
- Remove the plastic cover on the side of the tail light by using a pick tool or screwdriver to pull the cover out.
- Remove the whole plastic cover. Use a pick tool the unlock the metal clips and pull the cover out once the metal clip is unlocked.
- Remove the push clips on the trunk shield and pull the trunk shield out to access the bolt holding the inner tail light.
- Disconnect the electrical connector on the inner tail light assembly by pushing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt using a 10mm nut driver or socket wrench and twist it counterclockwise.
- Remove the inner tail light assembly by inserting a prying tool on the side and pushing the tail light out.
- Line up the new tail light assembly and push it in until it snaps into place.
- Reconnect the electrical connector by pushing it back to the connection port.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt and twist it clockwise to tighten it.
- Put the trunk shield back and reinstall its push clips.
- Push the covers back to the side of the inner tail light assembly.
We hope you find the Replace Inner Tail Light Assembly Mazda 3 2013-2018 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!