Is the inner tail light assembly of your Mazda 3 broken? Learn how to replace the tail light assembly by following the procedures below. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for removing and changing the inner tail light assembly on a 2013-2018 Mazda 3.
What you will need
- Pick tool or screwdriver
- Prying tool
- 10mm nut driver
- Inner tail light assembly
- Pull the trunk release under the dashboard to open the trunk.
- Remove the plastic cover on the side of the tail light by using a pick tool or screwdriver to pull the cover out.
- Remove the whole plastic cover. Use a pick tool the unlock the metal clips and pull the cover out once the metal clip is unlocked.
- Remove the push clips on the trunk shield and pull the trunk shield out to access the bolt holding the inner tail light.
- Disconnect the electrical connector on the inner tail light assembly by pushing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt using a 10mm nut driver or socket wrench and twist it counterclockwise.
- Remove the inner tail light assembly by inserting a prying tool on the side and pushing the tail light out.
- Line up the new tail light assembly and push it in until it snaps into place.
- Reconnect the electrical connector by pushing it back to the connection port.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt and twist it clockwise to tighten it.
- Put the trunk shield back and reinstall its push clips.
- Push the covers back to the side of the inner tail light assembly.
We hope you find the Replace Inner Tail Light Assembly Mazda 3 2013-2018 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.