Is the outer tail light assembly of your Mazda 3 broken? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the tail light assembly of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the outer tail light assembly of the 2013-2018 Mazda 3.
How to Replace Outer Tail Light Assembly
What you will need
- 10mm nut driver
- Pick tool
- Fastener removal tool
- Outer tail light assembly (2013-2018 Mazda 3 3rd Gen)
- Pull the trunk release under the dashboard to open the trunk.
- Remove the push clips on the trunk shield behind the outer tail light assembly.
- Pull the trunk shield down to access the back of the outer tail light assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors of the outer tail light assembly by pushing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the three 10mm bolts using a 10mm nut driver or a socket wrench and twist it counterclockwise.
- Pull the outer tail light assembly out from the vehicle.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
- Line up the new outer tail light assembly and push it in to lock it into place.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolts and twist them clockwise to tighten.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors by pushing them back to the connection port.
- Line up the trunk shield back to its original orientation and reinstall the push clips.
We hope you find the Replace Outer Tail Light Assembly Mazda 3 2013-2018 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda 3.