Is the rear blinker light/turn signal light of your Mazda 3 not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s light bulb. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the rear turn signal and blinker light on a 2013-2018 Mazda 3 3rd Gen.
What you will need
- Flat screwdriver or fastener removal tool
- Light bulb
- Unlock the vehicle and open the trunk by pulling the trunk release under the dashboard.
- Remove the two push clips on the trunk shield behind the outer tail light assembly. Use a flat screwdriver or fastener removal tool to pull the push clips.
- Pull the trunk shield down to access the socket and electrical connector of the turn signal and blinker light.
- Disconnect the connector by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Twist the socket counterclockwise and pull it out from the tail light assembly.
- Remove the light bulb by pulling it out from the socket.
- Install the new light bulb to the socket. Push the light bulb in until it snaps into place.
- Line up the socket back to the tail light assembly and twist it clockwise to lock it into place.
- Reconnect the electrical connector by pushing it back to the socket’s connection port.
- Place the trunk shield to its original position and reinstall the two push clips.
- Check the new light bulb by switching on the rear turn signal and blinker light.
We hope you find the Replace Rear Turn Signal Bulb & Blinker Light Mazda 3 2013-2018 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!