Can’t start your Mazda 3 due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the dead battery of your Mazda 3. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the battery on a 2013-2018 Mazda 3 3rd Gen.
What you will need
- 12V Car Battery
- Group size: 35 or 21R
- CCA: Min 500 Amperes
- 10mm socket wrench or 10mm wrench
- Unlock the vehicle and pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Go to the vehicle’s front and unlock the hood latch.
- Pull the hood up and set the hood strut to hold the hood open.
- Locate the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
- Loosen the 10mm bolts on the battery terminals and pull them out from the battery posts to disconnect. Disconnect the negative battery terminal first.
- Loosen the 10mm bolts on the J hooks and battery bracket.
- Detach the J hooks from the battery tray.
- Carry the battery out from the vehicle.
- Clean the battery tray using a vacuum.
- Get the new battery and place it on the battery tray.
- Reinstall the protective battery shield by sliding it into the new battery.
- Attach the J hooks on the battery tray and tighten its 10mm bolts.
- Reconnect the battery terminals and tighten the 10mm bolts. Connect the positive battery terminal first. Connect the negative battery terminal last.
We hope you find the Battery Replacement Mazda 3 2013-2018 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!