Can’t start your Mazda 3 due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by jump-starting your vehicle’s dead battery. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for jump-starting the dead battery of a 2013-2018 Mazda 3.
What you will need
- Jumper Cables (requires a running vehicle)
– or –
- Start 12 Volt Jump Box
- Remove the emergency key from the key fob and use it to unlock the driver’s door.
- Unlock the vehicle and pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Locate the hood latch on the vehicle’s front and slide the tab to the right to unlock it.
- Pull the hood and place the hood strut to hold the hood.
- Locate the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
- Connect the red jumper cable to the positive terminal of the battery.
- Connect the black jumper cables to the ground terminal of the vehicle.
- Wait for a few minutes and let the battery recharge.
- Start the vehicle.
We hope you find the Jump Starting Mazda 3 2013-2018 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.