Check/Add Brake Fluid Mazda 3 2013-2018
Is there a low brake fluid light displayed on your Mazda 3 dashboard? Learn how to fix the problem by adding brake fluid to your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for checking and adding brake fluid on a 2013-2018 Mazda 3 3rd Gen.
What you will need
Bestseller No. 1
- Brake Fluid (DOT 3)
- Unlock the vehicle and pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Locate the hood latch at the front and slide the tab to the right to unlock it.
- Pull the hood up and set the hood rod to hold the hood open.
- Locate the brake fluid reservoir on the driver’s side of the engine compartment near the firewall.
- Check the fluid level by lighting the reservoir and have a clearer vision of the fluid level.
- Clean the area around the cap with a clean cloth first. Next, twist the cap counterclockwise to open the reservoir.
- Pour the brake fluid into the reservoir. Make sure to use unopened or freshly sealed brake fluid to prevent moisture and air on the brakes. Do not fill past the MAXIMUM line.
- Place the cap back into the reservoir and twist it clockwise to close the reservoir.
We hope you find the Check/Add Brake Fluid Mazda 3 2013-2018 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda 3.