Can you feel your Chrysler 200 front brakes feeling soft and weak? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the front brake pads of your Chrysler. This guide provides instructions on how to replace front brake pads on Chrysler 200 model years 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
What you will need
- Chrysler 200 Front Brake Pads
- Jack and Jack Stands
- Flathead screwdriver
- 14mm socket
- Brake grease
- Loosen the lug nut but don’t remove them yet.
- Jack up your Chrysler 200 and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to press in the caliper piston.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold out the brake caliper.
- Remove old brake pads and shims.
- Install new brake pads.
- Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft-lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten the lug nuts with the vehicle lowered to the ground.
- Pump the brake pedal a few times before starting your drive.
We hope you find the Chrysler 200 Change Front Brake Pads guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Chrysler.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!