This Chrysler VIN decoder allows you to look up options, models, years, engines, transmissions, and specifications. In addition, you can also check the title records and accidents by clicking Check History.
To check what engine, transmission, and options are installed on your vehicle, use this free online VIN Decoder.
HOW TO DECODE CHRYSLER VIN
The VIN’s first position identifies the vehicle’s country or final assembly point. This shows where the Chrysler was made.
- 1, 4, 5 – USA
This is the number that indicates the manufacturer of your Chrysler.
This provides information on the brand division. This number makes it possible to point out the exact division of the manufacturer in cases where they have multiple divisions.
Positions one through three are the World Make Identifiers (WMI). Examples for your Chrysler may be as follows:
|WMI||Manufacturer||The owner of the brand||Code of the country||A country|
|1A8||STEYR (A)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1A||Austria|
|1B3||CHRYSLER (USA)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1B||USA|
|1B4||CHRYSLER (USA)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1B||USA|
|1B7||CHRYSLER (USA)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1B||USA|
|1C3||STEYR (A)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1C||Austria|
|1C3||CHRYSLER (USA)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1C||USA|
|1C4||CHRYSLER (USA)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1C||USA|
|1C7||CHRYSLER (USA)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1C||USA|
|1C8||STEYR (A)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1C||Austria|
Position 4 Security System
Position 4 of the VIN identifies the type of security system on your Chrysler. The descriptions are as indicated below:
- A – Front new generation airbags and side airbags
- B – Security system with active seatbelts
- D – Only seatbelts
- J – Front multistage cushion new generation safety
- H – Front multistage cushion new generation of safe and side airbags
- K – Improved the multistage front airbags
- L – Improved the multistage front airbags and side airbags
Position 5 is used to indicate the model of your Chrysler.
- 1 – Caravan
- 2 – Cruiser (Mexico)
- 8 – 300C / SRT-8 (for export, steering left)
- 9 – 300C / SRT-8 (for export, steering right)
- A – 300 / 300C / SRT-8 (for export)
- F – Pacifica AWD (AWD)
- H – Cruiser (for export, steering right)
- H – Voyager / Grand Voyager (steering to the right)
- J – Cirrus (Mexico)
- J – Voyager
- K – 300 (AWD) / 300C (AWD)
- L – Cebring (US, Canada for export)
- M – Pacifica FWD (front-wheel drive)
- N – Crossfire (steering left)
- P – Crossfire (steering to the right)
- P – Town & Country
- R – 300C / SRT-8 (for export, steering right )
- Y – Cruiser (for export, the left wheel)
- Y – Voyager / Grand Voyager (left wheel)
Position 6 Equipment Level
Position 6 indicates the equipment level of your vehicle. From Economy all the way through to Sport.
- 1 – E (Economy)
- 2 – L (Low Line)
- 3 – M (Medium)
- 4 – H (High Line)
- 5 – P (Premium)
- 6 – S (Sport)
- 7 – X (Special)
Position 7 Body Type
This number identifies the body type of your Chrysler.
- 3 – Sedan, 4 bits.
- 5 – Cabriolet, 2 bits.
- 6 – Sedan, 4 bits.
- 7 – Minivan
- 8 – Hatchback, 5 bits.
- 9 – Coupe
Position 8 Engine
This is the engine number of your Chrysler. It identifies the type of engine that runs your car.
- A – 2.0L I4 CYL DOHC 16V Diesel
- B – 2.0L I4 CYL DOHC 16V Dual VVT
- C – 1.8L I4 CYL DOHC 16V Dual VVT
- D – 3.0L V6 CYL Turbo Diesel
- E – 2.4L I4 CYL 16V DOHC Turbo
- G – CYL 24V V6 3.5L High Output
- H – 5.7L V8 CYL HEMI
- K – 2.4L I4 CYL 16V Dual VVT
- L – CYL 3.2L V6 SOHC 18V
- M – 2.5L I4 CYL Turbo Diesel
- N – 3.2L V6 CYL Supercharged
- R – 2.7L CYL 24V DOHC V6
- S – 2.4L I4 CYL 16V DOHC High Output Turbo
- T – 2.7L V6 CYL 24V FFV
- W – 6.1L V8 CYL SRT HEMI
- X – 2.4L I4 CYL 16V DOHC
- Y – 2.0L I4 CYL 16V DOHC
- Z – 8.3 L V10 CYL
Position 9 Check Sum
The check number is used to validate the Chrysler VIN algorithmically.
Position 10 Model Year
The tenth position of the VIN is used to identify the year of production of your car model.
We hope you find the VIN Decoder Chrysler guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Chrysler.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!