Need to add power steering fluid to your Chrysler? This guide provides instructions on how to check the power steering fluid on a Chrysler Crossfire.
What you will need
The Chrysler Crossfire was built by Mercedes-Benz and is based on the R170 SLK320 model.
- Locate the hood release underneath the dash.
- Pull the lever until you hear the hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood.
- Next, you need to locate the power steering pump. In this case, the power steering pump is located on the driver’s side of the engine bay.
- Remove the cap once you locate the power steering reservoir on your Chrysler Crossfire. Inspect the current condition of the power steering fluid.
- If you look carefully at the side of the power steering fluid or the cap dipstick, you will notice a Low and Max level for the power steering fluid.>
- Determine if the current power steering level is below the minimum level.
- If the power steering fluid is low, add the recommended fluid type.
- Start your Chrysler and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock several times. Do this three or four times.
Driving with low power steering fluid starts as a loud whine when you turn the steering wheel and eventually ends with steering fluid pump failure. This guide applies to Chrysler Crossfire made during these years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008.
We hope you find the Chrysler Crossfire Check & Add Power Steering Fluid guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Chrysler.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!