Can’t start your Jaguar due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by jump-starting your battery using a jump starter box.
What you will need
- Jump Starter Box
- Remove the emergency key from the key fob.
- Use the metal key to open the trunk or unlock the driver’s door manually. How to unlock the trunk.
- Connect the red clamp on the positive (+) terminal.
- Connect black clamp on the frame. Don’t connect the negative directly to the battery.
- Press unlock on your key to ensure the car is powered up and the alarm system is disabled.
- Go inside and start the car.
If the Jaguar doesn’t start, it only clicks; check the jump starter clamps. Wiggle the clamps a little to ensure they are making good contact. Leave the jump starter connected for 15 min, then try again. Do not allow the positive clamp to touch metal parts other than the dedicated + terminal.
If the Jaguar doesn’t start due to a dead battery, it can be jump-started using the battery in the trunk. The emergency key inside the keyfob can unlock the car and open the trunk if the battery is dead.
We hope you find the Jump Start Jaguar XF with Dead Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Jaguar XF.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!