Can’t start your Mercedes-Benz GLK due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your Mercedes-Benz battery. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to replace the battery on a Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class.
What you will need
You will need this to replace the battery on a Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class.
- H7 AGM Battery
- Cold Cranking Amps(CCA): 800 – 850 Amps
- OEM part number: A 000 982 21 08
- Mechanic Tool Set
- 10mm socket
- 13mm ratchet wrench
- Battery Terminal Cleaner
- Open the hood of the vehicle. If the battery is dead and the vehicle doesn’t unlock, use the emergency key inside your keyfob to unlock the driver’s door. To open the hood, you need to pull the hood release below the dashboard, go to the front, and then unlock the hood latch under the hood. Once the hood latch is unlocked, you can pull the hood up.
- Remove the compartment above the battery. Find the battery located on the passenger’s side of the engine compartment. To remove the compartment above the battery, unlock the clips, and unlock it, you need to push it out of the way, and for the middle lock, just pull it using a hook or your hand. Then, jiggle out of the compartment to remove it. The clips of the compartment above the battery.
- Disconnect the positive and negative terminals. Pull out the red cover on the battery to locate the positive terminal. Then, put the positive and negative terminals away and ensure they are not touching each other. Use a 10mm wrench to disconnect the terminals. Disconnect the negative terminal first positive last.
- Remove the battery bracket located on the right side of the battery. You must remove the 13mm bolts using a ratchet wrench to remove the bracket. Then pull; you can already pull out the battery bracket. Removing the bolts of the battery bracket.
- Remove the battery from the vehicle. Use the handles on the battery to pull it up.
- Install the new battery. To put the new battery, you need to slide it to the left so that the tab on the left side will lock the battery on its tray and ensure it is seated properly on the battery tray.
- Reinstall the battery bracket and the 13mm bolts. Use a 13mm ratchet to tighten the bolts back in. Use a battery brush to clean the battery terminals.
- Connect the positive cable to the positive battery post. Tighten the 10mm nut, then return the red cover on the positive terminal.
- Connect the negative cable to the negative battery post. Tighten the 10mm nut on the battery terminal.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle for a minute.
- ABS and traction control lights will be on, but this is normal. To reset them, turn the steering wheel to the right and left. Repeat a couple of times. Then, drive for five minutes, and the warning lights, including ABS and tracking control lights, should reset.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
We hope you find the Replace Battery on Mercedes-Benz GLK guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.