Need to disconnect your battery on your Dodge journey? Learn how to locate the battery first and then disconnect it. Follow the procedures below.
The battery on a Dodge Journey is located behind the front bumper on the driver’s side. The front bumper does not need to be removed. The front wheel on the driver’s side should be removed to disconnect the battery.
What you will need
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Lung Nut Wrench
- Car Jack
- Jack Stands
- 10mm Open End Wrench
- Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Break loose the lug nuts for the front wheel on the driver’s side. Don’t remove the tire yet.
- Jack up the vehicle at the front, driver’s side.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the front part of the wheel liner. It is held in place with four plastic retainers. Use the flathead screwdriver to remove the plastic retainers.
- Locate the negative battery terminal on top of the battery. The negative terminal has the negative (-) symbol next to the battery post.
We hope you find the Locate & Disconnect Dodge Journey Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Dodge Journey.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!