Can’t start your Dodge Journey due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the battery of your Dodge Journey.
What you will need
- Dodge Journey Group Size 26 Battery
- 525 CCA Min
- Lug Nut Wrench
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Car Jack
- Jack Stand
How to change the battery on a Dodge Journey?
The battery on a Dodge Journey is mounted behind the front bumper on the driver’s side. Here is how you can change the battery on a Dodge Journey.
- Park your Dodge Journey on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Break loose the lug nuts for the front left tire.
- Jack up the front left corner of the vehicle and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the forward wheel well liner. This will expose the battery behind the front bumper.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal using a 10mm wrench.
- Disconnect the positive battery terminal using a 10mm wrench.
- Use the 10mm wrench to remove the bracket on top of the battery.
- Use both hands to remove the battery from the battery holder. Note the battery is heavy.
- Install the new battery in reverse order.
- Connect the negative battery terminal last.
The battery on a Dodge Journey is located behind the front bumper and not in the engine bay.
The battery on a Dodge Journey is located behind the front bumper, on the driver’s side. You need not remove the bumper to change the battery on a Dodge Journey. Dodge Journey vehicles typically use a Group Size 26 battery with minimum cold-cranking amps of 525.
We hope you find the Dodge Journey Battery Replacement Guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Dodge Journey.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!