Register BMW Battery with Carly Adapter
Need to register your Carly Adapter to your BMW battery? Learn how to register your Carly Adapter by following the procedures below. You can also use Carly to code a new battery type (Lead-acid vs. AGM) or change the battery capacity.
What you will need
- Carly for BMW
- Carly for BMW App
If you have already paired your Carly, skip the pairing steps. We assume that the battery has already been replaced, and now we just need to complete the registration procedure.
- Plugin Carly for BMW into the OBD2 port under the dashboard (driver’s side). Press the power button on your Carly if it has one. The red LED light will turn on.
- Turn ignition to ON position. Don’t start the car. You can’t register a new battery if the engine is running.
- Download Carly for BMW Pro. The free version of Carly does not allow you to perform battery registration. You can use the free version of Carly for BMW to see how Carly Battery Registration works, but you can’t complete the registration. Use the free version to check if battery registration is possible for your BMW model and year.
- Besides the Carly for BMW Pro, you will need to purchase the Battery Registration add-on, which is another $10. Total cost for the Carly Adapter, Carly Pro, and in-app battery registration place this setup in the mid $100-$200 range.
Pair Carly adapter with smartphone
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Android or iPhone.
- Search for a new Bluetooth device.
- Select Carly Adapter on your screen.
- Enter a passcode such as 1234 or 0000
- Next, launch Carly for the BMW Pro app. On the bottom of the Carly Dashboard, you need to select the BMW model and then hit connect.
Enter Carly Battery Registration menu
- Select Battery from the main menu.
- Read through all the warnings and scroll to the bottom. Select Continue to battery registration. Unlock battery registration will appear on this page if you haven’t purchased the add-on.
- Next, you will see two options. The first is to perform battery registration, and the second is to code a new battery. If your new battery has different specs than the old one, you must complete both coding and registration. If your new battery has the same specs as the old battery, you will only need to perform battery registration by pressing “Register same battery type.”
- Register same battery type (Registration)
- When you install a new battery with the same capacity and type as the old one.
- Register another battery type (Coding)
- Here you can change battery type and capacity. Change from lead acid to AGM. Change capacity between 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 etc. Ahr.
- Do not stop the app or remove the Carly adapter while performing battery registration with Carly.
- Do not start the car. Ignition should be on. All dash lights are on. Position II.
- Read and clear codes from the CAS module before you perform battery registration with Carly. Clear any stored codes from the CAS module.
We hope you find the Register BMW Battery with Carly Adapter guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your BMW.