Is the brake light/clearance light of your Mazda 3 not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s light bulb. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the brake light bulb and clearance light on a 2013-2018 Mazda 3.
How to Replace Mazda Brake Light Bulb
What you will need
- Flat screwdriver or fastener removal tool
- Light bulb 7443
- Unlock the vehicle and open the trunk by pulling the trunk release under the dashboard.
- Remove the two push clips on the trunk shield behind the outer tail light assembly. Use a flat screwdriver or fastener removal tool to pull the push clips out.
- Pull the trunk shield panel down to access the socket and the electrical connector of the brake light and clearance light. The bulb is a double-element bulb type.
- Disconnect the electrical connector by pushing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Twist the socket counterclockwise and pull it out to remove it from the tail light assembly.
- Remove the light bulb by pulling it out from the socket.
- Install the new light bulb to the socket and push it in until it snaps into place.
- Line up the socket back to the tail light assembly and twist it clockwise to lock it into place.
- Reconnect the electrical connector by pushing it into the socket’s connection port.
- Place the trunk shield to its original orientation and reinstall its push clips.
- Check the new light bulb by switching on the brake and clearance lights.
We hope the Brake Light/Clearance Light Bulb Replacement Guide Mazda 3 2013-2018 guide is helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.