Is the license plate light of your Mazda 3 not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s light bulb. This guide is a step-by-step procedure to replace the 2013-2018 Mazda 3 3rd Gen license plate light.
What you will need
- License plate light bulb (12961WLED, 12961LLB2, or 12961B2)
- Fastener removal tool
- Pull the trunk release under the dashboard to open the trunk.
- Remove the push clips on the trunk shield using a fastener removal tool.
- Pull the trunk shield down to access the license plate light connector or socket.
- Twist the socket counterclockwise and pull it out to remove it.
- Pull the light bulb out from the socket.
- Get the new light bulb and push it into the socket.
- Line up the socket back to the trunk door and twist it clockwise to lock it into place.
- Line up the trunk door shield back and reinstall its push clips.
We hope you find the Replace License Plate Light Bulb Mazda 3 2013-2018 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.