Is the fog light of your Mazda 3 not working? Learn the instructions on changing the fog light bulb on Mazda 3 model years 2013 through 2018 by following the procedures below. The fob lights may serve as running lights located at the front bumper.
What you will need
- H11 Light Bulb
- Locate the burned-out light bulb.
- Turn the front wheels towards the inside of the car, on the side where you need to replace the fog light.
- Remove the black plastic retainers on the wheel lining. You only need to remove the retainers between the front bumper and wheel lining to access the back of the fog light.
- Remove a couple of screws at the bottom of the front bumper holding the mudguard.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the fog light bulb. Twist and remove the old light bulb. Make sure to use gloves when handling the light bulb.
- Install the new light bulb in reverse order.
- Handle the light bulb by the base and avoid touching the glass. Oil residue can shorten the life span of the bulb.
- Be careful in removing and installing the light bulb. It can be easily damaged if it is not installed correctly.
- Discard the light bulb properly.
Why is my Fog light not working after replacement?
If your headlight bulb is not working after replacement, it could be due to incorrect installation, a faulty bulb, a blown fuse, damaged wiring, or a defective socket connection. Double-check the structure and connections to ensure everything is properly aligned and connected. If the issue persists, consider testing the bulb in another socket or checking the fuse and wiring.
Can I use a different size and wattage of headlight bulbs?
It’s recommended to use headlight bulbs that match the size and wattage specified for your vehicle in the owner’s manual. Using a different size or wattage can affect the headlights’ brightness, visibility, and overall performance. It may also overload the electrical system or cause excessive heat, potentially damaging the headlight housing. Always adhere to the manufacturer’s recommendations for safe and optimal headlight performance.
Replacing the fog light/day running light on a Mazda 3 can be difficult, considering that you must reach behind the front bumper to get to the bulb and replace it.
We hope you find the Mazda 3 Fog Light Replacement 2013-2018 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!