Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Power Top Control Module AKS Replacement
Is the convertible top on your Chrysler Crossfire not working? The problem may be the convertible top module, also known as AKS. This article shows how to replace the convertible top module on Chrysler Crossfire.
The steps below show you how to accomplish this and how to replace the convertible top control module (AKS), also known as:
- AKS Control Unit
- Convertible Top Control Module
- PTCM – Power Top Control Module
Steps to replace the convertible top module (AKS) on Chrysler Crossfire 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Open the trunk of your Chrysler Crossfire.
- Locate the Convertible Top Control Module AKS on the left side of the trunk.
- Remove the screw that holds the power top control module in place.
- Unplug the electrical connectors from the Convertible Top module.
- Install the new Convertible Top Module and reconnect the battery terminal.
In some cases, the convertible may get stuck, and manual release of Pressure for the Convertible may be required. If you are stuck away from home with an open convertible or the top is broken, and you just want to operate it manually, this guide on Manually Open Close Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Top can be very helpful.
We hope you find the Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Power Top Control Module AKS Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help with your Chrysler.
so happy to have acess to this information thank you!