Learn how to replace the low-beam headlight light bulb on a third-generation Mazda 3. The following instructions apply to the Mazda 3 model years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
The replacement bulb may be H11 if your Mazda3 is equipped with a halogen lamp. Few models are equipped with a D4S bulb if they have HID headlights.
What you will need
- H11 Light Bulb for models with halogen lights
- D4S Bulb for models with HID lights
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard.
- Located the burned-out light bulb. Both the driver-side and passenger-side light bulbs are identical.
- Disconnect the electrical plug from the light bulb.
- Using gloves, twist the light bulb to remove it.
- Install the new light bulb. Be careful not to touch the glass with your bare hands.
- Push the electrical plug into the light bulb until you hear a click.
Replacing the low-beam light bulb on a Mazda 3 is easy and takes less than 15 minutes. Check the old headlight to verify if your Mazda 3 requires a halogen or HID bulb. Vehicles with HID bulbs have a high-voltage warning label by the headlight.
We hope you find the 2014-18 Mazda 3 Headlight Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.