Learn how to add windshield washer fluid to a Mazda5. These guidelines apply to Mazda 5 vehicles from 2010 to 2018.
How to Add Windshield Washer Fluid on a Mazda 5
- Low windshield washer fluid level warning
- No water can be sprayed to wash/clean the windshield.
What you will need
For this procedure, you will need windshield washer fluid. Do not use just water, especially in the winter, as the water will freeze and cause your windshield washer tank to burst or damage the delivery lines.
- Open the hood of your Mazda5 by pulling the hood release under the dash. This will allow you to access the washer fluid reservoir.
- The washer fluid reservoir on a Mazda 5 is white/translucent and has a wiper symbol. If your Mazda5 has a rear wiper, it is fed by the same reservoir, according to the Mazda 5 owner manual.
- Open the washer reservoir cap.
- Add washer fluid until the level gets about two inches below the reservoir cap.
- Do not use engine coolant antifreeze to mix or make windshield washer fluid. Note that on Mazda5, both front and rear wipers use the same washer fluid reservoir.
We hope you find the Mazda 5 Add Windshield Washer Fluid guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.